It’s Friday Again and time for another KBKeto drink!
Today I am going to share with you this little gem created by El Berto Casillas, a member of an outstanding Keto Facebook group I am in. Thank you Sir.
This spicy, yet refreshing, spin on my classic KBKeto Margarita is perfect for these dog days of summer, spicing up a party, or just impressing friends.
Without further delay, let’s dive right into the Jalapeno Keto Margarita!
A good spicy challenge strikes a balance between flavor and fear.
– Adam Richman, Man vs Food
- Cutting Board
- Something to muddle/squeeze/crush the Lime and Jalapeno
- I used this.
- 2 Drinking Glasses and a Bowl
- 1.5 – 2 oz Gold Tequila
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Lime LaCroix or Seltzer/Soda Water
- 100% Lime Juice (optional to taste – I used 1/2 oz)
- Liquid Stevia (I didn’t use any here but I’ve been told that it can help take the tartness off from the lime. I found that 1) the Jalapeno did the trick of calming the tart and 2) I like it that way)
- Margarita Salt (Optional – but highly recommended!)
- Clean and slice your Jalapeno. You’ll want 2-3 rings.
- Clean and cut your lime in half.
- Combine your Jalapeno Rings and Lime and muddle or squeeze into your glass.
- The key is to get the juices a flowin’
- I used this Lime Squeezer to squeeze both the Jalapeno and Lime
- Add your 1.5 to 2 ounces of Gold Tequila and let the flavors mix and marinate as you prepare your glass.
Prepare Your Glass (Salt the Rim)
- Add a small amount of lime juice to a bowl
- Wet the rim of the final drinking glass (remember when I said 2 glasses, 1 is for mixing, this one is for drinking)
- Dip the rim into the salt and spin. Shake off any lose salt or it’ll fall into the drink and all over the counter.
- Add ice cubes (4-5 should do it unless your LaCroix is warm)
Back to the Drink Concocting
- Add your Jalapeno, Lime, and Tequila mixture to your drinking glass.
- Top off with Lime LaCroix or Soda Water
- I added 1/2 ounce of Lime Juice to the mix, but that’s a preference. I recommend trying it without first and then adding to taste.
Gold Tequila’s also vary in taste and you may find it perfect with one Tequila and needing some lime with another. That’s half the fun though! Experiment away and let me know what has worked for you!
And for more KBKeto Adult Beverages Check out our Keto Friendly Alcoholic Drinks Page.